My kids loved this activity. Painting in the tub is wonderful! They would have stayed in the bath all night had I let them. Bath paint is really easy to make and clean up, too. So I'm logging this one for one of those days when we're all going stir crazy in the house and don't want to leave. It doesn't have to be night time to take a bath.
- Soap (I used baby soap-pictured above)
- Food coloring
- Ice cube tray (or something similar to mix the different colors)
- Mix equal parts of soap and cornstarch with a spoon. (I mixed 1/4 cup soap, 1/4 cup cornstarch and it seemed like the perfect amount)
- Place a little bit of mixture in each compartment of the ice cube tray.
- Add 1-3 drops of food coloring per compartment depending on how vibrant you want the color.
In the bath, the children can use paint brushes, foam brushes, sponges or their fingers. It was super easy to clean up, but be careful. Since there is so much soap in this mixture, it makes the bath really soap and slippery.
In case you're wondering, food coloring did not stain my bathtub.