Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Music Makers: March

Tomorrow March will be here!  Which means spring is right around the corner, right?  It also means we're starting new songs for Music Makers.  If you're new to the program, it's a music group I do with a few of my friends and their infants and toddlers.  If you're interested in learning more, start here.  This will tell you all about the basic layout and structure of the group.  The theme this month is Animals.

Here's a sampling of songs that we're singing this month:

RHYTHYM STICKS:

“My Poor Stick is Tapping”
My poor stick is tapping, I can’t make it stop
My poor stick is tapping, I can’t make it stop
Oh, help me mama, I can’t make it stop
My poor stick is tapping, I can’t make it stop.
STOP!
*repeat with rubbing, rolling & walking

THEME SONGS:

“Tiny Tim”
I have a little turtle, his name is Tiny Tim
I put him in the bathtub to see if he could swim
He drank up all the water he ate up all the soap
And then my little turtle had a bubble in his throat.
Bubble, bubble, bubble,
Bubble, bubble, bubble,
Bubble, bubble, bubble,
Bubble,……bubble,……POP!

“Farm Sounds” (sung to: “The Wheels on the Bus”)
The cow in the barn goes moo, moo, moo
Moo, moo, moo.  Moo, moo, moo
The cow in the barn goes moo, moo, moo.
All around the farm

Continue with: The pig in the pen goes oink, oink, oink…..
The hens in the coop go cluck, cluck, cluck…..
The rooster on the fence goes cock-a-doodle-doo…..
The ducks on the pond go quack, quack, quack…..
The lambs on the hill go baa, baa, baa….
The bunnies in the hutch go (silently wiggle your nose)…..

“The Little Skunk’s Hole” (sung to: “Turkey in the Straw!”)
Oh, I stuck my head in a little skunk’s hole
And the little skunk said “well bless my soul
Take it out, take it out, take it out, remove it!”

Well I didn’t take it out and the little skunk said
“If you don’t take it out, you’ll wish you had
Take it out, take it out, psssst! I removed it!”



STICK SONG: (use only one set of sticks-- have little ones be your helpers)


“Fiddle-I-Fee”
Bought me a cat and the cat pleased me,
I fed my cat under yonder tree.
Cat goes fiddle-i-fee.

Bought me a hen and the hen pleased me,
I fed my hen under yonder tree.
Hen goes chimmey-chuck, chimmey chuck,
Cat goes fiddle-i-fee.

Bought me a duck and the duck pleased me,
I fed my duck under yonder tree.
Duck goes quack, quack,
Hen goes chimmey-chuck, chimmey-chuck,
Cat goes fiddle-i-fee.

Continue with: Goose goes hissy, hissy
Sheep goes baa, baa
Cow goes moo, moo
Horse goes neigh, neigh
Dog goes bow-wow, bow-wow

GLOVE SONGS:

Five Little Speckled Frogs”
Five little speckled frogs,
Sitting on a speckled log,
Eating the most delicious bugs.
Yum, yum.
One jumped into the pool,
Where he was nice and cool,
Then there were four speckled frogs,
Glub, glub.
Sing down to 0 frogs, last line is “Now there are no speckled frogs  G-L-U-B (deep voice)

“Three Little Monkeys”
Three little monkeys swinging in a tree
Teasing Mr. Alligator can’t catch me!
Along came Mr. Alligator, quiet as can be.
SNAP!
Repeat with “two little monkeys …, one…”

MOVEMENT TIME:

“Monkey See Monkey Do”
A little monkey likes to do
Just the same as you and you;
When you sit up very tall,
Monkey sits up very tall;
When you pretend to throw a ball,
Monkey pretends to throw a ball;
When you try to touch your toes,
Monkey tries to touch his toes;
When you move your little nose,
Monkey moves his little nose;
When you jump up in the air,
Monkey jumps up in the air;
When you sit down on the floor,
Monkey sits down on the floor.

To download the entire March program, click below.

For other month programs, click here.

No comments: