Thursday, April 01, 2010

NYC recap: A Taste of NYC

Happy April Fools Day everyone!  Have any great pranks happening around you?  I noticed this one over at Design Mom this morning, and thought it was pretty clever.  Way to go Ralph!  {Design Mom still has 6 weeks of her pregnancy to go}.

Well, I am back from NYC and really, really tired.  We were delayed coming back a day and that was a little rough.  I'm not going to lie.  But the trip was really, really great!  It was short and sweet, but I want to thank all of our readers for your suggestions.  You made it really easy for me to pick out the good stuff and jam pack our trip.  Thank you!

Thanks to NYC, I am now 10 lbs heavier.  At least.  I ate everything and yes, I am paying for it now.  But it was totally worth it.  Look at all these incredible goodies.

BLT


The Odeon


This was the most expensive BLT I've ever eaten, but it was so, so good.  And their potato salad is to die for.  I also had a glass of their lemonade.  It was so tart and very yummy.  {Rating: 5 stars}


Crumbs Cupcakes


Crumbs


We had to get a cupcake from Crumbs.  I received several emails stating that this was your favorite cupcake shop.  I had the Reese's Peanut Butter cup and it was delicious.  Rich, but delicious.  {Rating: 4 stars}


Cornbread Juniors


Hamburger Juniors


Juniors Cheesecake


Juniors


We stopped at Juniors in Brooklyn for dinner one night and I had their cornbread, Bacon Cheeseburger, and Cheesecake.  Can you believe it?  I ate like it was my last meal and we had to ask for a wheelchair to get out of there.  I'm not one for plain cheesecake, but this was amazing!  Super, super good.  {Rating: 4.5 Stars}


Turkey Sand


'wichcraft


I devoured the roasted turkey sandwich at 'wichcraft for lunch one day.  It was so yummy and warm too... it was cold and rainy that day so it hit the spot perfectly!  {Rating: 4 stars}


I just noticed that everything I ate had bacon on it.  Wow, I must love bacon.


Watch next week for further recaps on store visits and the hotel we stayed at.


No comments: