Tuesday, October 02, 2012

2 Months Old Already



Good news! Gabby finally likes the camera! It's hard to believe that it's already been 2 months since Gabby was born! Where oh where does the time go? I've been enjoying my snuggle time with this sweet little girl as I know this time doesn't last long. I've also been teaching her how to Zumba in our spare time.

She's pretty good at it and loves to coo along the way. Have you ever done Zumba? It's one of my new favorite ways to work out. I tried it a couple years ago and didn't like it. I tried it again last week and loooooved it! (Just like every other class, the instructor makes a HUGE difference).

In case you're wondering, our mornings still move pretty slow around here. We're lucky if we get moving before 9am. :) Here's a quick peek at how the boys stay occupied while I get Gabby & I ready.



These boys have been so awesome and patient as we transition to a family of five. And they are the best of buds. Giggling, laughing and wrestling throughout the house all day long. I love it and it makes me smile.

A couple of my biggest challenges have been grocery shopping and meals. My new work schedule is from 3-6pm during the week (I work part-time for a community college and have an after school helper). I really have to plan ahead for meals and try to get them cooking before my helper arrives... otherwise we eat a lot of pizza and corn dogs. Which, is okay for now. I have to cut myself slack as I know things will get better. But, I have found some great meals that I really love lately. I thought I'd share them with you.

Buffalo Chicken Tacos via Jamie Cooks it Up!
Though this one doesn't cook while I'm working, it's super easy to whip up.  For the kids, I leave out the buffalo sauce. Also, she taught me one of my new favorite tricks... buy a cooked chicken to use in meals. I'm terrible at remembering to thaw meat. A $5 chicken usually gets us two meals around this house.

Coconut-Macadamia Crusted Shrimp via Our Best Bites
We are trying to eat out less as it's pure craziness when we leave the house these days, but I still like a special treat on the weekends.  This was a lot of fun to make, as well as delicious and easy. I made the sauce, but really don't think it's necessary. There was a lot of waste with the sauce and I don't think it added that much to the dinner.

Shake n' Bake
I've again fallen in love with shake n' bake. It's easy and the kids gobble it up! Also, have you seen the new shake n' bakes in the cheese aisle by Kraft? They are a nice spin on the boxed versions.

Notice I don't have any crockpot recipes listed. All the ones I have tried haven't been that great. If you have any tried and true recipes (or recipe blogs that you love), please share! I get really sick of the same recipes over and over and have noticed that I love being in the kitchen since we don't get out of the house much these days.  Love to you all and hope you're well!

xo

1 comment:

Cambria Felt said...

Oh my goodness!! I can't believe it's been 2 months already and that little Gabby is looking so big and cute! I'm glad that you are all surviving and we definitely need to skype or something soon. Give the boys a kiss from us!!