Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Porter is 2!



My little towhead Porter is 2. I can hardly believe it. He is one of the best kids around, seriously. He is soooo quiet most of the time, I always have to keep checking to make sure he's still around. Here are a couple things Porter loves:

Favorite toy: Thomas anything

Favorite shirts: button down (I think because he can put them on himself and I just have to help with the buttons)

Favorite buddy: Caden

Favorite sayings: "Go Big Red!," "so cool," and "Mark, Set, Go!"



Favorite foods: Pizza, cheese and oranges

Favorite past-time: Teasing Caden and riding Jonzy like a horse

Favorite bedtime song: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star



Dear Porter,

My oh my, you're 2! I have no idea where the time has gone, but I'm sooooo glad you're a part of our family. You are the glue that holds us all together. You always have been. I remember shortly after you were born, we found out we were moving to Minnesota. You were the little patient and laid back baby that reminded me everyday that everything would be okay. That being a "single mom" for 6 weeks while dad started his new job was only temporary and sanity would return again. I thought it was Heavenly Father's way of blessing me, but I now see that is your personality. You still continue to remind me that situations are temporary, time is fleeting and that I should just enjoy the here and now. Thank you for being so wise and smart, little guy!

I love you so, so much. I love your cute little face and your wrinkled nose. I love your little snort laugh. I love that you talk and communicate so well. I love that you're the quiet life of the party. People have a way of flocking to you, and wanting your cute, quiet attention. I love baking and cooking with you. You are always so excited to help and eat what you've worked so hard on. I love that you share. I love that you want to be like your big brother, but just remember, you have plenty of time to grow up. We don't need to rush anything. I love cuddling with you and tickling your back until you fall asleep. It doesn't happen often enough.

I know it's hard being the middle sibling. Trust me, I've been there! I sure hope you get the attention you deserve. You are an awesome little guy and I can't wait to see what the next year brings.

Love,

Mom

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Yup, that made me tear up. Happy birthday sweet Porter!

deb said...

Thanks Hil!!