Friday, June 15, 2012

Summer In Full Swing

Hello everyone!  I realize I kind of dropped of the face of the earth.  I've missed you!! Things have been busy around here, and computer time has been almost non-existent.  Which has been more than refreshing. Do you ever have a love/hate relationship with the internet?  I love it, and love all the people I have met across the world, but sometimes I feel like it takes away from me living my real life right in front of me.  Am I the only one that feels that way?

In case you're curious as to what we've been up to, here's a peek...









  1. Lazy breakfasts

  2. Having a garage sale

  3. The boys in their first entrepreneurial endeavor and eating their profits (at the garage sale)

  4. Running with dad - it's one of Caden's favorite things lately - he usually rides his scooter by Casey's side

  5. Swimming lessons

  6. Porter all dressed up and no where to go

  7. Fishing at the lake

  8. Double baby shower with my good friend, Leah (she is due 3 days before me with a girl too!)

  9. Caden cleaning because our house is "soooooo dirty"


All of these pictures were taken with my phone (and most of them were put up on Instagram-- find me there as debaverett).  Apparently I'm too lazy to get out the DSLR anymore.

We've been having such a great time enjoying summer and we're going to keep it that way.  I have less than 10 weeks until our baby girl is here and I want to get out and about as much as we can.  Casey is done with his MBA coursework--woot!! He has one final comprehensive test to take and then he will officially have his MBA.  I'm so proud of him.  He has worked hard these past three years to make this a reality.  In the last 10 weeks, he has written 70 pages single-spaced.  It was impressive to see how quickly he could write papers in the end.  It's been so nice to have his help around the house and tackle projects that have been needed.  We have a goal to redo two of our bathrooms soon.  We'll see if we can finish at least one of them before the baby arrives.  Casey is back on a crazy workout routine and we are trying really hard to eat healthy around here.  I've had a MAJOR sweet tooth this pregnancy so I've been go to the store 2-3 times a week to get more fruit.  Fruit is better than baking cookies everyday, right?

So tell me what you've been up to.  Are you enjoying your summer?

No comments: