Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Backyard Summer Escape

Is it just me or are children happier when they're outside? My boys have started fighting and bickering a lot - I have a feeling this is the next 18 years of my life. (Help me!) When we're outside, the fighting almost goes away. It's magical and pure bliss. Needless to say, we've been spending a lot of time outside this summer.


I've been working hard on transforming our backyard patio into a summer escape. And by working hard, I mean buying a patio set and lots of water toys. Because, really, that's all we need to be happy. A comfy chair for me to kick my feet up while the boys run around getting wet.


We also eat outside quite a bit. Not only because Caden loves it, but when Porter decided to see how far he can launch his plate of food, it's a lot easier to clean up outside.


A few must-have pieces on our backyard:

  • Water table

  • Basketball hoop

  • BBQ

  • Sprinkler

  • Water guns

  • Patio table


This list is by no means all-inclusive, but they are some of our favorites. Do you spend a lot of time in your backyard during the summer? I would love to know what you have done to transform your backyard into a summer escape. Comment below to be entered to win a $25 Sears gift card!

Need help finding your own pieces for your backyard? Sears is bringing the ease of searching for those perfect pieces with their recently launched iPad digital catalog. On your computer? Don't fear, Sears has an amazing digital catalog built just for you.

|This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sears. The opinions and text are all mine. Official Sweepstakes Rules.|

No comments: