Monday, March 19, 2012

Journaling



Yesterday, I was reading through some of my posts on my old blog, Mumbo Jumbo.  Some of you have stuck with me through my transitions (thank you!) and know my old blog was a much more of personal journal for my thoughts and reflections on what was happening in our day-to-day life.  I blogged over there very sporadically, but I really enjoyed reading through my posts last night.  It was interesting to read my thoughts during our recent move and about how stressed I was about bringing a second child into the world.  I can't believe how worried I was for Caden!  I'm sure it was totally normal, but it's almost comical reading it now.  Caden is a much better person for having a sibling and I couldn't imagine our family without cute ol' Porter.

It made me realize how much better I need to be about journaling.  Do you keep a journal?  I have a journal that I keep all to myself, but I write in it ever month or two (or five).  I don't do it nearly enough.  I am much better when I can sit at a computer and write my thoughts. In the wise words of Gretchen Rubin, journaling doesn't have to be an elaborate thing.  It can be just a sentence or two.  I like that and I'm going to try and do better.  I'm challenging myself to write two sentences a day and if I can keep that up for a month, I will order a journal for Caden and Porter.  I would love to document what fun things they are saying and doing.

Do you have any ideas to help motivate yourself for journaling?  Do you keep a journal online, or privately?  Do share.  I'd love to hear your thoughts.

No comments: