Friday, March 16, 2012

Sponge Rainbow



St. Patrick's Day is tomorrow and this is a fun and simple activity to do with your toddlers.

SUPPLIES:


  1. Paint (I used finger paint because it was easy to squeeze out of the bottle onto the sponge)

  2. Sponge

  3. Paper


Before we dived into making the art on paper, I showed Caden (4 yo) a few pictures of rainbows.  We've seen them a few times before in real life, but I wasn't sure if he remembered what they were exactly.  I asked him what colors he saw in the rainbow.  It was fun to see him realize that the colors in a rainbow were the same colors on the sponge laying before him.  Then I placed his sponge on his paper and let him make his interpretation of a rainbow.

Once he was finished with his painting, you can see him beaming with pride.  "Mom, I made a rainbow!"



It sure is, and a beautiful rainbow at that!  I hope you have a wonderful weekend and that the weather is treating you well.  It's been in the 70s all week here and has been fun to be outdoors so much.  And don't forget to make some green food for tomorrow.  Your kids will love it!

1 comment:

Kaitlyn said...

That first picture cracked us up :) what an adorable kid!