Wednesday, April 07, 2010

NYC recap: Design inspiration

I'm sure you are sick of hearing about NYC at this point.  I can't stop talking about my trip, though.  It was so inspiring.  I'm sure my husband is ready to build a guest house out back to have a little piece and quiet all to himself.  I saved the best post for last, though!  Today I will be showing you all of the great stores I stopped at while visiting.  I want to thank all of our great readers that helped me narrow down a long list of stores to stop at... I couldn't have seen so much without your help!  My friend Christy and I only had a short time to play, so thanks for helping us make the most of our time!!


First stop: Mood

I never knew how much fabric there was and now I really, really need to learn how to sew.  I can fiddle, but I want to be awesome at it.  And now I have about a million reasons to do it thanks to Mood!

Look at all this fabric!

Mood5


I see pillows in the future....


Mood4


Mood3


Mood2


My favorite find at Mood- this zebra fabric. It could easily make a nice rug for only $350.

Mood1


Second stop: Fishs Eddy


I could have spent for.e.ver in this store.  It was filled with beautiful items at great prices -- my cup of tea! 


Just look at these cake stands.  Oh, be still my heart.


FishsEddy


FishsEddy5


FishsEddy6


And they have a entire set of floorplan dinnerware right now.  Good thing you can shop online because I had to hold back at the store!


FishsEddy4


FishsEddy3


FishsEddy2


Third stop: ABC Carpet & Home


I was most excited about this store as SO many readers suggested it in emails.  I knew when I saw this as I entered that I was in for a treat.  You will have to forgive me for all the pictures.  I promised I narrowed them down!


 


ABC12


I could have spent an entire day in the kid's section. Look at this tree house!


ABC11


And these cute foxes.


ABC10


And this child's bedroom. Who thought cars and flowers could look so good together?

ABC9


And the inspiration didn't stop. 


ABC8


ABC7


ABC6


ABC5


I love these light fixtures.  Such a nice touch!


ABC3


ABC2


ABC1


It was a great day of shopping filled with inspiration and more inspiration.  I hope you enjoyed a little glimpse of NYC.  I hope to go back again soon!!

 

No comments: