Monday, August 24, 2009

Dorm Room Inspiration

I still have back to school on the mind so I'm here today with a fun dorm room design.  This would be for a girl with modern style with a hint of vintage.  If I could go back to college, and live in a teeny, tiny space again, I would like to think this is what my room would be like.

Dorm Room Redesign



And now for the break down of goodies:

  1. This bedding is from PB Teen and I think it's fun and girly, but not over the top.  I love the bed that it sits on too, it reminds me a lot of this DIY PVC frame.

  2. This matching lamp goes perfect with the theme.  Yes, I'm all over PB Teen today. 

  3. And let's not forget seating for guests with this matching bean bag.  What can I say?  I just love it. 

  4. Place this mat outside your front door to set you apart from all your neighbors.  It's cute and fun, and I love owls.

  5. Every college student needs a sleek and comfy computer chair.  I really like this white one from west elm.

  6. The biggest problem with most dorm rooms is they are painted a sterile white, and more than likely, you're not able to paint the walls.  Here's the perfect solution.  Use temporary wall paper- in a yellow faux linen to spruce up your space.  It will immediately start to feel like home.


So what do you think?  Are you getting someone you know ready for college?  What would you have done differently about your college dorm room? 

deb_sig

Don't forget to enter our current giveaway from Laundry Tree for a SoapNut Starter Kit!  The giveaway ends Wednesday.

2 comments:

Mary Beth (Cats, Books, Life is Good) said...

Wow! I love the colors. I wish my dorm room was as put together as this one was - I might have spent more time in there studying:)

John V said...

Your dorm room or apartment is going to be small. To gain more space, consider using a loft bed. You can find a good variety by doing a google search for “college loft bed”.