Monday, May 25, 2009

Design Challenge Voting Starts

It's so fun to see what other projects our readers are working on. Who will win the Anna Toddler bed from Five Star Source? It's your turn to decide.



Here are the entrants below:

#1 Jennie- Dining Room

I wanted to add some color to the downstairs of our house, but all of the rooms are open and flow from one to the next. It was a challenge to choose a color that was bold enough to be interesting, but that would also look good with the other rooms. This deep red draws from accent pieces and window treatments in the adjacent living room.

Before & After Dining Room


#2 Jennifer- Dresser


I found this in the basement when we moved into our new home last year. It was structurally sound but in need of some sanding, painting and new hardware. This is the end result!


Before & After Dresser


#3 Melissa- Console Table


I found this table at an antiques store in Utah and I fell in love with it's simple lines. The knobs are from Anthropologie and they inspired the blue color choice.


Before & After Console Table


#4 Lynnette- Dining Room Chairs


Our dining room chairs were stained and beginning to fray on the sides. I put new fabric on them and then added plastic on top to protect from the kids spills.


Before & After Dining Room Chairs



To cast your vote, click on the poll below.   Voting ends Friday May 29th at Midnight! Feel free to leave your remarks in the comments below.






Good luck!

13 comments:

Audrey Whittaker said...

This is a beautiful design. I really think it is the most original out of the others. Congratulations!

Nancy Ashley said...

good luck!

Flora Barker said...

#4 Looks great! Very practical too!

Rob Brandt said...

The chair looks great!

Rob

kate anderson said...

all the best! -Kate

Heidi Heath said...

The chair looks awesome and looks like the hardest task in my opinion. Great job!

Monta Rae Jeppson said...

Chairs look great, good job MRJ

Laurie Mencl said...

My vote is for the chairs!!!! I love them!

Irene Blackburn said...

I love the color of the fabric on the chairs. Blue is my favorite. I vote for #4.!!!!!

William Blackburn said...

Wish you could teach my wife to do chairs like yours, it would have saved me a bundle.

Bill Blackburn said...

I vote for #4-awesome chair!

Pam Gotcher said...

I just love #3! My granddaughter would love it!

Veronica Richardson said...

My vote is for #4. I have seen the chairs in person and they are awesome!