Friday, May 29, 2009

Before Redesign- Cara's Window

Cara submitted her kitchen window for a redesign on window treatments. Here's what she has to say about the space:

Window treatment before



What are your favorite design store/home décor stores?

It is hard for me to say because I mostly shop at second hand stores and yard sales.  I have a fairly eclectic and sometimes comical style.  I don't like modern cold things for the most part, or anything overly country, but I do like old fashioned or vintage things.  I have a fascination with Roosters and other colorful birds.  My kitchen is already very colorful...including a giant Rooster painting that I did and some polka dot chickens.  Really, it's very random.  I like quirky things.  I like things that don't feel mass produced or extremely trendy.  I like the styles of Anthropolgie and Mod Cloth (my decorating style reflects my clothing style) but definitely not the price!


What 3 words would you use to describe yourself and the feeling of the space you'd like?

Colorful, Playful, Original

What is the most important thing you’d like done with the space?

I want to block out sun but have a shade that is quick and easy to take up and down.  I also want to highlight the pendant light fixture.

What are two of your favorite and least favorite colors?

Most of the kitchen is dark cobalt blue and the other window shades are dark brown.  Honestly, I am thinking that I need something not dark in here!  So...favorite for this space: white with a neat pattern, maybe some green?  Least favorite: black or anything really dark.

What are the overall dimensions of the window?


The window is 35" tall by 47" wide.  There is about 6 inches of wall on all sides but the top where there is about 18 inches.

Do you have any suggestions for Cara?  Leave them in the comments. Be sure to stop by on Monday to see the redesign!

deb_sig

P.S.  Don't forget to vote on the design challenge!

No comments: