Friday, September 26, 2008

My Early Christmas Gift to You

picture from Flickr

Today it feels like Christmas because guess who's coming home??!! It's probably a good thing I'm at work today other wise I would be sitting on the couch watching the drive way until my night and shining armor pulled up.

Since, I'm feeling a little Christmas spirit today, here are a couple links I would like to share with you.

1. How to Create a Blog Header-- Design Mom has a great post on how to create a Blog Header. I used a mixture of Photoshop and Illustrator to create mine. I designed the bird and imported it into Photoshop. Then I found a free background and pulled it all together. If you don't have Photoshop, try simply googling "Blog Header" and see if it gets you any results.

2. Wiimote-- Yes, I assembled all of these by hand. But no, I cannot take credit for designing them. Anthony Liekens is the fabulous brain behind the wiimote paper mockup. (And look at his website, he does some interesting stuff!) I just added the wrist holder- which I thought was a perfect place to add the invite information.

3. Tutus-- Here are some great links for making your own tutus. These are SUPER easy and fun.

I hope these links help and please let me know if you have any questions. Have a great weekend!!

2 comments:

Tarver Family said...

on the tutu's to make it even faster, just buy it on the spool already cut to 4/5 inches and just cut how long you want it... make it way easier and every piece is the same :) (you will find it in the wedding section at walmart or just search the fabric stores when you go there).

Thanks for the fun tips

Unknown said...

Thanks for the instructions on making a blogheader...now if I could just find a minute in the day...