Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Flashback Wednesday

Being Christmas time and all, I thought I would take us back to one of my favorite Christmas gifts... the Atari. I remember my Uncle Eldon (being the superstar that he is) giving this to me and my sisters and we loved it. We would plug it into the t.v. and play Pong for hours.


So simplistic, but so great. It's so funny to compare this to current game systems now. All I want for Christmas this year is a Nintendo Wii. (And and iMac too... but I have a distinct impression that this is going to happen. Call it women's intuition or divine power, but I'm pretty sure.) Too bad all the stores are sold out of Wii's and I'm sure no one I knows wants to pay $350+ on ebay for one of them. I just keep thinking how nice the Wii would be after I have the baby. Hey, it may be the only exercise I get! :) Have you heard about Wii Fit? Bring on the yoga and aerobics!! I want it... really, really bad.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

My brother and I worked so hard to get our Atari. We had to do chores to get it. It was worth it though. I actually still have it, it's just not hooked up. Frogger was my favorite!

Audra said...

We have a wii- and its the coolest thing. Mostly because it gets the whole family together- everyone from the toddlers to the grandparents. My mother-in-law is a superb bowler!

Check on Amazon if you are looking online. We bought ours through there this past spring. My father-in-law has been able to walk into two stores and just buy them. I think by pure chance...he's pretty lucky like that.

But I also loved the atari! So much so that i bought John all the "plug in play" video games that came out a few years ago. Frogger and pong were my favorites. Racer was up there too!

wendysue said...

my favorite atari games were pitfall (with the alligator and the guy jumping over the top) and one I think was called Berzerk, where you had to walk around this maze place and not touch the walls or you go electrocuted!