Friday, December 14, 2007

O Christmas Tree

I love this time of year. Not only because of the holiday cheer and time spent with family. I love it because there are so many traditions to celebrate and carry on.

Decorating the tree has always been one of these traditions. I love bring up my box of ornaments and going through them and traveling down memory lane. Growing up, my mom would take my sisters and I to the store to pick out our annual ornament. We each were able to pick out something meaningful for us to hang on the tree that year. Casey and I have continued this tradition and will continue to do so with our kids as well. Although our tree usually isn't the most coordinated on the block, it holds our memories and cheer throughout the years.
Here is our ornament for this year.... obviously our most meaningful memory of this year is that we are having a boy!! Yeah!!

This is our ornament from 2006- we not only bought our first home, but Jonzy also joined our family.

What are your traditions this time of year?

1 comment:

Audra said...

We go caroling at the vets home and go to a movie on Christmas day. But I am now of the thought- that we should start our own traditions!