I'm at the point in my pregnancy where I tend to wear the same few shirts over and over (and over). It's not very exciting so I do my best to spice things up. I've been obsessed with making fabric rosettes lately. It requires limited supplies and little time - which is just my style right now.
- Fabric (lightweight fabric works best)
- Fabric Glue (I used Aleene's No-Sew Fabric Glue)
- Cut the fabric 1" wide and atleast 24" long. The longer the fabric, the bigger the rosette.
- Tie a knot at one end.
- Apply a little fabric glue and start twisting and gluing.
- Apply glue every 1/2 turn or so.
- When you get to the end and have about an inch or two of fabric left, apply some glue on the back side of the rosette and adhere the leftover fabric to it.
- Add a pin, clip, or velcro to the back so you can easily transfer it from belt to headbands, bracelets, etc.
This has been a great way to use fabric scraps laying around my house and also has me thinking of cute headbands for the little girl headed our way.