Friday, March 30, 2012

Music Makers: April

April is right around the corner.  Crazy, right?  A new month means new songs for Music Makers.  Yay!  If you’re new to the program, it’s a music group I do with a few of my friends and their infants and toddlers.  If you’re interested in learning more, start here.  This post will tell you all about the basic layout and structure of the group.  The theme this month is Spring & Easter.

Here’s a sampling of songs that we’re singing this month:

RHYTHYM STICKS:

“Hickory Dickory Dock” – instead of rhythm sticks this month, have the leader bring along a shaker and triangle to keep the rhythm of the clock
Hickory Dickory Dock,
The mouse ran up the clock. (child with rattle shakes it)
The clock struck one, (child with triangle strikes it)
The mouse ran down! (child with rattle shakes it)
Hickory Dickory Dock.

THEME SONGS:

“In the Leafy Treetops”
In the leafy treetops the birds sing good morning.
Theyʼre first to see the sun.
They must tell everyone.
In the leafy treetops the birds sing good morning.
In my pretty garden the flowers are nodding.
How do you do today?
How do you do they say.
In my pretty garden the flowers are nodding.

“Look for Colors” (sung to: "Are You Sleeping")
Look for (yellow), look for (yellow)
On your clothes, on your clothes
If youʼre wearing (yellow),
(Wiggle like Jell-O)
I found (yellow), I found (yellow)
Repeat with: Red…put your finger on your head
Purple…spin in a circle
Green…find a place to lean
White…close your eyes goodnight
Brown…make your face frown
Pink…give your friend a wink
Blue…hold up number two
Black…clap behind your back

“Flowers in the Spring” (sung to: "Farmer in the Dell")
Flowers in the spring,
Flowers in the spring,
Hi, ho! Oh, yes I know,
There are flowers in the spring.
They stretch, grow and bloom.
They stretch, grow and bloom.
Hi, ho! Oh, yes I know,
They stretch, grow, and bloom.

“Raindrops” (sung to: Skip to my Lou)
Raindrops, raindrops falling down, (hold hands high, flutter fingers)
Pitter, patter on the ground (tap fingers on knees)
Softly, softly do they sound, (finger to lips)
April raindrops all around! (hold hands high, flutter fingers)



GLOVE SONGS:

“My Easter Basket” (sung to: A Tisket a Tasket)
A tisket, a tasket
I have an Easter basket.
Come and put an egg inside
My pretty purple basket.
A basket, a basket
I have an Easter basket
Come and put an egg inside
My pretty Easter basket

“Five Little Easter Eggs”
Five little Easter eggs, lovely colors wore,
Mother ate the blue one, then there were four.
Four little Easter eggs, two and two you see,
Daddy ate the green one, then there were three.
Three little Easter eggs, before I knew,
Sister at the yellow one, then there were two.
Two little Easter eggs, Oh, what fun!
Brother ate the red one, then there was one.
One little Easter egg, see me run!
I ate the last one, then there was none

MOVEMENT TIME:

“Letʼs Go Fly a Kite”
Each child gets a plastic bag kite and runs through the gym while the music plays.

“Ring Around the Rosies”
Ring around the rosies
A pocket full of posies
Ashes, ashes,
We all fall down
A ring of springtime flowers
Made from April showers
Tulips, buttercups,
We all pop up!

To download the entire April program, click below.

For other month programs, click here.

No comments: