Friday, February 03, 2012

Today you are You, that is truer than true!

Most play times or projects just don't work out as planned.  It's one of the great things about having kids.  They take projects where we'd never even dream of.  And sometimes, they even reject the invitations we set up.  A couple weeks ago, I thought I had a great idea that the boys would both love, but it turns out I was wrong.

I put a little paint on a paper plate, cut a few tips off our pines trees in the backyard, and thought the boys would be happy as clams stamping their papers.  From the get go, Caden wanted nothing to do with it.  Porter seemed to at least want to try.





But after a couple tries, he scrunched his nose and pushed the paint away.

In the meantime, Caden stuffed his pants with art supplies.




It's a great reminder that we are who we are and we'll like what we'll like.  I'm not here to change that as a mother.  I'm only here to inspire, teach and love.  Failed projects will come, and invitations to create will be turned away, but I will love them no matter what.

I hope you have a great weekend!  xo

No comments: