Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Music Makers: February



Hard to believe it's February already!  And you know what that means... we need lovey, dovey songs for the little ones!  Yes, that's right!  The theme this month for Music Makers is Valentine's Day, Love and Family.  If the Music Maker program is new to you, check out this introductory post for the basic structure of the group.

Here are some of the songs we're singing this month:

RHYTHYM STICKS:

“If Youʼre Happy and You Know It”
If youʼre happy and you know it tap your sticks
If youʼre happy and you know it tap your sticks
If youʼre happy and you know it then your face will surely show it
If youʼre happy and you know it tap your sticks
*Repeat with: roll your sticks, rub your sticks, walk your sticks

THEME SONGS:

“With My Family” (sung to: "The Muffin Man")
Tell me what you like to do
Like to do, like to do
Tell me what you like to do
With your family.
_______likes to play with toys
Play with toys, play with toys
_______likes to play with toys
With his family.
(ask children what they like to do with their family...fill in blanks)

H-E-A-R-T (sung to: "Bingo")
There is a shape and it means love,
and heart is its name-o
H-E-A-R-T, H-E-A-R-T, H-E-A-R-T
And Heart is its name-o!

"Five Little Valentines"
Five little valentines were having a race
The first little valentine was frilly with lace (hold up one finger)
The second little valentine had a funny face (hold up two fingers)
The third little valentine said, "I love you" (hold up three fingers)
The fourth little valentine said, "I do too" (hold up four fingers)
The fifth little valentine was sly as a fox (hold up five fingers)
He ran the fastest to the valentine box (make five fingers run behind back)



GLOVE SONG:

"I Made Three Valentines Today"
I made three valentines today,
I'll give them all away.
The one for Mommy is red.
The one for Daddy is blue.
It's really pretty, too!
And here's a big one just for you.

MOVEMENT TIME:

"Will You Be My Valentine?" (sung to “Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush”)
(Leader walks around the group and hands a child a valentine)
Who will be my valentine, valentine, valentine?
Who will be my valentine on Valentineʼs Day?
(Childʼs name) will be my valentine, valentine, valentine.
(Childʼs name) will be my valentine on Valentineʼs Day.
(Child named will hand the valentine to a new child)

To download the entire February program, click below.

For other month programs, click here.

No comments: