Friday, November 04, 2011

Lightbox Watercoloring



We spiced things up a bit when Caden wanted to watercolor the other day.  I pulled out my lightbox, turned it on and placed a plain piece of printer paper on top for him to paint on.  He loved it and it kept him busy for quite awhile.

I'm gearing up for winter around here and trying to fill my brain with all sorts of good indoor activities.  My friend Jess turned me onto a site called Play at Home Mom.  It's full of great ideas and very focused on learning through playing.  I'm no education expert, but I've found Caden really enjoys learning this way rather than the "sit down and let's work on our letters."  Which totally makes sense.  I don't like to study either.... I'd rather research and learn more about what interests me.

I'd love to hear your ideas on indoor play.  What do your children like play inside when the weather gets bad?  Or are there websites you like to turn to when you need ideas?

I hope you have a great weekend!  xoxo

No comments: