Wednesday, November 09, 2011

How To Make A T-Shirt Cape



My 3 year old is obsessed with super heroes.  Often times he can be found defending multiple universes in a day using unique super fighting powers.  He convinced me after seeing a superman costume at Halloween that a cape would give him more super powers.  Here's a quick tutorial to show you how we made his cape out of a t-shirt.


1. Find an old t-shirt (if it has no side seams, all the better).  Cut off the sleeves at an angle.
2. Continue cutting down the shirt.
3. Cut around the neck.


5. Cut the neck line in half.
6. Measure your child's neck and cut off excess.  Hot glue velcro (or sew, if you prefer).
7. Make your child super with their own logo with some felt and hot glue.  I added a texture by embroidering the letter C.  It didn't take that long and I thought it would help keep everything together.


Now, enjoy being a super hero and show me what you're made of! I'm tempted to make one for myself it was so easy.

1 comment:

Kaitlyn said...

I just love this :)