Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A Thankful Thanksgiving



I am feeling so very thankful this Thanksgiving.  We received some very good news yesterday.... Casey has a job!  I know I haven't shared the details here on the blog, but his company is going through a major restructuring right now.  We found out about 6 weeks ago that he would have to re-interview for his position.  It's been a very long 6 weeks and we were so excited to hear the good news yesterday that he has a job!  It's a huge relief!  Now we can enjoy the holidays and celebrate with cheer!



This morning I finished my Thanksgiving tree and I was sure to include some of the things I feel most thankful for in my life.  On the top of the list are:


  • The Gospel- I joined the LDS church 11 years ago. It was one of the best (but hardest!-- that's a story for another time) decisions I ever made.  Knowing that the Lord has a plan for us and that our families can be together forever is such a huge blessing.  I am thankful for a prophet living on our earth today.  Receiving revelation for our times is needed more than ever and I love hearing him speak.

  • Family- I have no idea what I'd do without family.  My boys are my world.  My parents and my in-laws are so wise and loving.  My siblings give me strength when I need it most.  Even though there is so much distance on the map between the family, I am thankful for modern technology that brings us closer.  Without Skype, texting, email and facebook, I guess we'd have to talk on the phone with screaming kids in the background.  I'm sure glad we can communicate easily.

  • Our Home- I am thankful for a home with heat and a yard that the boys can run around in.  I'm thankful that we live in a good neighborhood with lots of kids to run around with.  I'm so thankful for all the bike paths and parks that make it easy to get out and exercise.

  • Wonderful Friends- I would be so lost without good friends.  I'm so thankful for how creative and inspiring my friends are.  I'm thankful that they are real and down to earth.  I include all of you that read this blog wonderful friends.  Most of you, I'm sure I know, but even if I don't, I love you more than you know.  Thanks for taking time out of your day to pop in and see what we're up to.

  • Employment- As you can imagine, we are so thankful to have great jobs that we love and enjoy!


What are you thankful for?

I hope you have a great Thanksgiving!!  Hope it's filled with lots of great food and good times with friends and family.  I'll be back on Monday after I've rested from stuffing myself with turkey and pumpkin pie.

xoxo

P.S. If you need some tips on table setting, check out this post I did a couple years ago.

1 comment:

Keri Lingard said...

Oh, I'm soooo happy for you! I was thinking of you and wondering how things turned out as I was driving to visit family. So glad to see a happy ending to these hard 6 months. We love you all!