I'm no expert at working out, but I do love it. It makes me feel good, strong and happy. A couple of you have asked what we do during our bootcamp workout. It's a mixture of cardio, toning and conditioning. Here's a small sample of what we do...
We start our workout with a warm-up of running/jogging 1-2 miles. Sometimes it's 4-8 times around a track. Sometimes it's running around a big block that incorporates some goods hills. Sometimes it's running up and down an 18% grade hill 6-10 times. It just depends on the day. Then we do some of the following (each day is different so this is just a sampling):
- Run bleacher stairs (we usually run 5-20).
- Dumbbells. We use these throughout. We do squats, work our arms with curls, bent rows, raises.
- We also use the dumbbells to work our abs. One of my favorites is pictured above.
- Push-ups. These are so hard! I have been practicing them at home (on my knees) and I put my phone on the floor in front of me and have to touch my nose to my phone. It's a great workout.
- Balance ball. We actually don't use this at bootcamp, but it's one of my favorite tools to use during a workout. The knee tuck is awesome.
For instance, this was our one hour workout this morning:
- Run a 3 block radius 3 times (it had one really good hill)
- 20 lunges (each leg), 20 squats, 30 jumping jacks--- (2 sets of entire sequence)
- 20 curls (with weights), 20 bent rows (with weights), 20 lateral raises (with weights), 1 minute of burpees--- (2 sets of entire sequence)
- 20 push ups, 1 minute mountain climbers (2 sets of entire sequence)
- Situps-- crunches, 1 minute plank, side oblique raises, V Up Rolls, Scissors, etc.
- 1 minute squat raises
- Run 3 hills
What workout routines do you like? What motivates you?
|images: 1 2 3 4 5|