Friday, February 25, 2011

It's Friday!


Yay!  Friday is here!  We received more snow yesterday, and it looks like we'll be getting some all weekend.  I'm ready for sunny spring days so this snow is a little depressing to me. Have you read Jenny's article about being overexposed to design?

She has some really good things to say so I hope you take the time to read it.

I often find myself shopping for my friends, or blog readers.  I want to make everything look "cool" or "inspiring"-- but really when I try to do that, it just ends up being one big mess, and I hate it in the end.

My husband and I don't exactly agree on design tastes.  I lean modern contemporary, and he leans more traditional contemporary.  It can be really difficult to find a middle ground sometimes.  He cares a lot about design and aesthetics of the home, so it's also difficult for me to pull the "I know more about design card"-- because really, I don't.

One of the most fun home projects we did was decorate the boys' room.  We had so much fun being creative, and making it a room full of fun and inspiring things.  {Remember the airplane?}  I hope with our next home we can find more opportunities to be creative with each room design.

Do you design your home for yourself, or for others?  Do you and your spouse or partner see eye to eye when decorating?

No comments: