Monday, August 23, 2010

Living Room Redesign: After

Remember Celia's living room from Friday?  Here is her new layout: 

I wanted her to have a distinct entry way, while still allowing space for the living room.  She needed storage for shoes and outdoor items so the bench/storage option will give her some much needed storage.  By placing it where I did, I've given her a distinct entry way.  To the right of the entry way is a practice area for her piano students while the upright piano stays where it is so that another student can be practicing there as well.  (The practice piano has headphones so two students can be practicing at the same time.)  By pulling the Sofa and Chair 1/2 into a tighter arrangement we made room for the entry and practice area, while still making room for an actual living area, all within the same room!  The best thing about this design is that most of the furniture in the room she already has.  She'll be buying a small computer desk from IKEA for the computer station and will be making the storage bench herself.  Her new color palette I gave her to work with looks something like this:



She already has the dark sage green and will be adding the blues as accent colors.  The warm, neutral will be painted on all the walls to help bring the space together even more!  Can't wait to see the finished product!

1 comment:

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

I love the layout and colors.

I really need to sketch out my living room...I imagine that if I put it on "paper" I could get an entirely new perspective on it!