Friday, July 02, 2010

Happy 4th of July Weekend!


 


Happy 4th of July weekend!  It's one of my favorites because it's filled with family time and a day or so off work.  It's also filled with red, white and blue food.  And what's not to love about that?  Luckily Martha has an entire display of pretty food, like the one pictured above with recipes on her site.


And speaking of blue, I'll be getting rid of some around the house this weekend.    We had an incident a little while back where paint was knocked off our stair ledge (who would ever think to put it there I wonder???).



The carpet was easily replaced because we had a remnant left over from the install.  But see that little splash up on the stairs?  It's still there and we'll be painting over it this weekend.  And after I'm done with that, I'm going to keep painting.  I hope to get everything touched up around the house, and maybe even paint the laundry room if time allows.


How about you?  What are you up to this weekend?


4 comments:

Lisa said...

It's been such a crazy summer that I said just this morning that my one goal is to sleep past 8 at least one day this weekend. ONE DAY. But your planned productivity is inspiring, and it tempts me to forego sleeping for something more creative and fun. ;D

deb said...

Go for it, Lisa! You deserve to sleep in a little. :)

Jessica said...

I just did this yesterday in the foyer while painting. I spilled the trim cup which was FULL of paint of course. I never ran to the kitchen for paper towels so fast in my life. The wood floors were saved thankfully!

I like the color you have there :-)

deb said...

Jessica- I'm so glad you were able to get the paint up from your wood floors fast enough! Whew!