Thursday, June 24, 2010

DIY Chevron Rug

I was peeking around the internet for a yellow chevron rug the other day, and I found this:


Perfect and beautiful.

BUT then I saw the price.

$4400.

Cha-right.  Not going to happen.  Granted it's for an 11x19 which is bigger than I need, but still.

So I rolled up my DIY sleeves to see if anyone had attempted to recreate a chevron rug themselves.  Lo and behold, look at these great DIYers.


Camila from High Heeled Foot in the Door took a little fabric, a drop cloth and rug gripper to make this beauty.  It cost her about $55 plus a little tacky glue and scotchguard.  Amazing right?  I think this yellow fabric might work for the job.  You can see all of Camila's step by step instructions over on her blog.



This Little Miggy Stayed Home did this excellent fabric painting for her new chevron rug.  They spent about $30 plus a little paint starting with a rug similar to this and a couple sample paints.  You can see all the step by steps on their blog.  I love having the flexibility of choosing the exact colors I want and having it look a little worn out of the gate.


So what do you think?  Time to roll up the sleeves and create?  I'm thinking so.  Now if my birthday could come a little faster so I have a sewing machine at my beckon call!



No comments: