Monday, April 19, 2010

Room Redesign: Virginia's Living Room

I recently worked with Virginia and her family to redesign their living room.  They wanted a space that's relaxing and a nice comfortable place to enjoy time spent as a family.  I've kept things fairly neutral and tied in the rust/red window treatments they have now.  By replacing their large sectional with a sofa and chaise I've kept plenty of seating to relax and read while not taking up the entire room with a sectional.  I've also added in a small seating area in the corner.  This room is fairly big, and by dividing up the seating areas I've kept it easy for some of the family to be able to enjoy the TV while others in the room can still be there, but a little more secluded in the reading nook.  By painting the room a warm neutral color they'll really help the space feel more inviting and comfortable.  (Try Sherwin Williams color SW6102 Portabello.)


Virginia's Living Room Redesign


1. Poang chair from IKEA covered in a new chair cover from JCaroline Home with Earth Calliope.

2. One large Ottoman from JCaroline Home covered in Earth Beads.

3. Flagger lamp from Target.

4. Accent pillows in Cider and Chocolate from JCaroline Home and one floor pillow covered in Earth Calliope, also from JCaroline Home.

5. Cameron Place sofa and chaise from JCPenney.

6. Feelin' Groovy accent rug from FLOR in Brick.

7. Collage Frame from Target.

2 comments:

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

I love the idea of the covers for the Ikea chairs! It really adds personality to a blah chair...plus it's super affordable!

Cara Jean means said...

Mmmmm, I love my Poang chair more than anything or anyone in my house! It embraces me. It understand me,love me, and supports me.