Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Getting organized this New Year

Can you believe the New Year is almost here? This is the time I kick my organizing into high gear.  I want all the clutter to go and everything to have it's place.  I've declared a day last week as closet day, and made great headway.  A whole truck full off to the thrift store was made.  There's still work to do though.  One of the biggest problem areas in my house is the kitchen counter.  Everything gets thrown there when we walk in the door and it stacks up fast.  I have made a habit to go through all my mail right when it comes in the door and that has helped.  But I still have "valuable papers" aka invites and permission slips, etc. that need a spot temporarily.  And did I mention the phones and gadgets we have up the freakin' wazoo?

Here is a solution I'm starting with.  A charging/valet station.  There are a lot of charging stations popping up around there and I have found quite a variety that I'd like to share with you.
charging stations1

1. $15- I love this and it's probably my favorite as it fits all my needs and it's easy to customize.  What a great modification by ikea hacker using the mackis storage unit from ikea.

2. $39- from One Way Furniture.

3. $90- sleek and simple.

4. $30- need a wall hanging station?  This would be perfect!  Available in white or black.chargingstations2

5. $50- So simple and lovely.

6. $44- from Opentip.com.  I would love to add a little texture by dropping a little wall paper sample in the picture slot.  Wouldn't that be cute?

7. $50- from Target.  A one stop pit stop for everything!

8. $43- I love this natural bamboo option.  So natural and simple.

ChargingStations3

9. $20- inexpensive solution to get you organized.

10. $62- from Pottery Barn.  I love the white color, but it also comes in black and brown.

11.  $60- from Pottery Barn.  This is not technically a charging station, but I thought it was pretty cool.  And really, if the ipod or iphone is plug in, it will charge, right?  This has speakers too which would be a great option for a kitchen or office.

12. $30- this is so simple and sleek for your desktop.

So what do you think?  Are these something that you use in your home?  Do you have any favorites?

deb_sig

6 comments:

Ali said...

We have picture #2 in our house. Love it. Charge the phone, the ipod and store pens/pencils, even keys in the pockets. Like your other selections too, very modern and fit to do the job well!

Tanna @ Complete Organizing Solutions said...

I love # 2 and 10 the best. Great roundup of charging stations!

sinika said...

thanks for this! i didn't even realize it, but it's exactly what we need!

Kristi @ Life With the Whitmans said...

Oooh I need one of these too. Thanks for compiling a nice list. :)

Amanda @geekdetails said...

I don't think I'd use any of the charging stations because I don't like to leave the charges plugged in unless something is attached to them. I do love the look of number 7 though

Jeannie Birdwell said...

I think the #2 charging station is what I need to fit my iPad and other items, but when I go to the One Way Furniture website, I can't find it. Any suggestions?