Friday, July 24, 2009

Before Redesign: Rhonda's Living Room

Living Room before




Rhonda sent over her living room space with built-ins on one side and a fireplace on the other for a redesign.  This space is ready for a new look and here is her feedback to help us with the design.

 



What are your favorite design store/home décor stores?


Lowes, Pier 1, Ikea, Hobby Lobby, Home Depot.


 



What 3 words would you use to describe yourself and the feeling of the space you'd like?


I have found that I feel most comfortable in modern meets contemporary spaces that are warm with clean lines.




What is the most important thing you’d like done with the space?


I want to give it a more modern but comfortable edge.


 



What are two of your favorite and least favorite colors?


My favorites are Red, Chocolate, Black, Dark Grey.  My least favorites are Bright Shades of Yellows, Greens, Oranges.


 



What are the overall dimensions, including ceiling height of your space?


17'x18' with an 8' ceiling height.


 



Is there anything else you’d like us to include or consider in designing your space? 


I would like to keep room light and airy which is why I'm having so much trouble with arrangement and colors..so help!


 


Do you have any ideas for Rhonda and her living room?  Feel free to share them in the comments below.


 deb_sig

No comments: