Thursday, June 25, 2009

Landscaping Redesign

Remember my front door?  Well my wonderful and handy husband, Casey installed a nice glass door last night.  Even though it doesn't look quite right yet, it will get there.  On Saturday we  plan to paint the door and the left side of the door with the window black.  I think this will give a great foundation to our front door redesign.  Here is what it currently looks like.

Landscaping before



On Saturday we are also having a palette of retaining wall blocks being delivered to our house.  We will be ready to roll up our sleeves and get to work.  Here's the plan... 

Landscape design



This landscape rendering was done by Nicole over at Thrift & Industry.  She is very talented and I just love her beautiful drawings (if you live in the midwest or Portland area she could probably help you out too).  I told her that I needed a simple, easy to maintain yard and she gave me a plan for just that.  We spend a lot of time outside, but prefer to spend it chatting with the neighbors, blowing bubbles, and dipping our feet in the kiddie pool with our wee one.

We plan on doing our landscape design in 3 phases.  I don't have a natural green thumb so this will prevent burnout, and also make it easier on the pocket book. 

We are starting phase 1 on Saturday and will be building a 3 block high edging out front that will wrap around the side and taper off.  I'm pretty sure that will take most of the day so that's all we are shooting for.  {It's also about 104 degrees here with the heat index so we don't want to over do it.} Soon after we build the edging, we will be filling with dirt and planting new plants. 

I will be keeping you updated on the process and doing tutorials along the way.  It's going to be an exciting ride so hold on to your jockeys.

deb_sig

No comments: