Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Front Door Design

A Red Door redo


I spotted this beautiful front door makeover on Claire's flickr stream.  Isn't is wonderful?  I just love a red front door.  Speaking of doorways.  We are talking about doing ours.  We have a bleak front door and it needs help.  Badly.


Front door


It's just so boring and uninspiring, huh?  We are thinking of painting the door black, and then adding a glass door.  I would love to open the door and let sunlight come through our entry way.  We are also talking about redoing our landscaping.  Being our first house, we rushed to get plants in the ground without really thinking about it much.


Do you have any ideas for our front door?  I would love to hear them.


deb_sig

1 comment:

becky said...

We just got a full glass door also, with the screen that pulls down from the top. Wonderful! Go for it. We wondered why in the world we waited 5 years to do that.

I think, with the one long skinny window on the left, you might like a tall plant to balance the eye on the right. Someone in a wonderful container would be so pretty. Perhaps a palm? Not sure what but I think that would look nice.

A red door would be lovely. I love red doors. Black is very polished looking and very impressive. Even a beautiful green with all your lovely green plants.

Have fun! And I hope you will post an after picture for us. I can't wait to see what you do.