Thursday, June 11, 2009

Breathe

solitude

{image here}


A happy Friday to you all. Just thought I'd leave you with this quote I found by Oprah Winfrey,

"Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure."

Some of you know me pretty well, but for those of you who don't, I have a really hard time letting go. I take after both of my hard working parents in the fact that I can't relax. I must be doing, doing, doing all the time. And as my mom says, I have determination beyond anyone she has ever met.

That was until Caden came along. I think he's going to give me a run for my money, here. And sometimes I just want to tell him, "turn that determination off, it will all be okay and your toys will still be there to play with tomorrow."

It will be interesting to see who he is when he grows up. Will he be determined like me, or more balanced like his father? Life is ever changing and evolving. I just hope I am evolving in the right way. I hope the determination I have is being used for good.

Vive le weekend! {Filled with lots of breathing and relaxing, I hope!}

Thoughts?

P.S. Head on over to Fresh Nest to enter to win one of Christopher Lowell's book.

No comments: