Friday, June 05, 2009

Allison's Redesign-Before

On Monday we'll be redesigning Allison's Space.  Here's her Living Room!  Love the wall color!  Here's what she's told us about the space:


Allison's Redesign-Before



What are your favorite design store/home décor stores?  They can be brick and mortar stores or online stores.


I love IKEA.  Every time I go there it makes me wish I lived in a 400 sq. ft apartment in Europe.  I like how hip/modern it is and still allows functionality with kids.  I also really love West Elm/Pottery Barn, but I think IKEA takes the cake!  And the budget is really where we can spend.




What 3 words would you use to describe yourself and the feeling of the space you'd like?


Simple, cozy, family-friendly.

What is the most important thing you’d like done with the space?


We don't use it right now.  At all.  It's simply a room to pass through on our way to the deck/garage/laundry room.  When we had a t.v.  the kids hung out in there, but since I took it away no one does.  I want it to be a family room, someplace we hang out, play games, read books in a cozy chair by the fire.  We're planning to tile it and get rid of the forest green carpet this summer {forest green carpet, oh my!} which will help, but I really want it to be a destination for our family.

What are two of your favorite and least favorite colors?


Two of my favorite colors: blue and green.  pretty blues and greens though.  I obviously don't love forest green, but a nice shabby apple green {actually the color of my laundry room!} or a gorgeous light blue?  Least favorite: Black and maroon.  But I do love a gorgeous brick red.

What are the overall dimensions, including ceiling height (if applicable) of your space?


It's a weird shaped room.  Too narrow, which is why we have the one couch, along the wall.  It's 10'10" wide, 25' long and 8' tall.  Weird space.




Is there anything else you’d like us to include or consider in designing your space?


I love hip, fun stuff and am flexible with my design style, I love to mix it up.

Do you have any suggestions?  Be sure to leave them in the comments and check back Monday for the redesign!

erin_sig

Don't forget to enter our current giveaway!

No comments: