Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Riding a bicycle is more fun

{image from OrangeTwist}

It feels like spring outside and I love it {of course without the crazy tornadoes yesterday!}. Every spring, I attempt to do some spring cleaning and this year we are really going to try and stick to deep cleaning a room every Saturday. Our schedule will look something like this:

  • Kitchen- refrigerator (clean inside & pull out), blinds, detailed mop (aka hands & knees... does anyone else out there fear that their traditional mop just doesn't reach it all?), regrout & clean stove (thank you self cleaning oven!)
  • Bathrooms- deep clean everything & regrout
  • Living room & laundry room- deep clean (including baseboards), pull out washer & dryer
  • Bedrooms- deep clean, pull out furniture, blinds

I know, spring cleaning isn't the most exciting thing in the world. So tell me what projects you are working on. What is the thing you hate to do most around the house?

3 comments:

Hilary said...

I think cleaning the stove is the worst! Trying to get in there and get it all, it's hard. And I love to clean! Also, deep cleaning toilets and bathtubs, yuck. Good luck to you girl!

Nicole said...

Don't do it! Don't pull out the washer and drier! Noooooooo! Well, I guess that you can, it is probably a good thing but my stomach turns just thinking about what could be lurking back there. Eeeew. I would much rather sew and pretend that if I can't see it, it doesn't exist. I feel better already.

Deb said...

That is so true Nicole and we haven't done it since we moved here. Yikes!