Thursday, January 01, 2009

New Year Greetings

Happy New Year!!!


There is nothing more motivating than ringing in the new year. Bye bye 2008 and welcome 2009! 2008 was a great year mainly due to Mr. Caden and his smiles. Seriously... what is better than being a mother? If I would have known it was going to be this great, I probably would have become one sooner.

Other things that made 2008 great was bringing more creativity into my life which in turn has brought many more blessings to my life than I thought. I have met new people (mainly through this and this) that I would have never met otherwise.

But here it is... 2009. I don't know what this year will hold exactly, but I will be patient to find out. The days already go too fast so I sure hope this year has a couple moments of pausing and enjoying. Okay, enough of the cheese ball (but really, I'm serious) and on to the good stuff.

Here are a couple of my resolutions for this year:

  1. Get back into a regular workout routine. Ever since Caden was born, my workout schedule has gone down the drain. Part of it is due to my work schedule and my guilt complex over leaving Caden for any longer than I already do. I'm thinking of either getting up at the crack of dawn to workout or doing it right after work.
  2. Improve my photography skills. Yes, I do know just a little bit about cameras. But I want to learn more, more, MORE.
  3. Do something once a month that scares me. I am a person that sticks to my routine and does not like surprises. I'm going to try to do something that scares me every month to change up my predictable life.
  4. Go to bed earlier. I currently go to be around midnight and get up around 6am. By time I reach Friday, I am so tired I can barely get out of bed and function. I want to start going to sleep at 10:30pm.
  5. Write a thank you note atleast once a week. There is always someone to thank every week. {thank you cards pictured above from anthropologie}

    What are some of your resolutions?

No comments: