Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Simplifying Gifts

Picture from Dandee

This time of year, life seems to get very hectic. There are always lots of parties and events going on and lots of shopping and baking too. As you know, my motto is "Simplify". I admit, I have to consciously think about my motto most of the time as nothing gets me more excited than a fun party or a night out on the town. Or buying the perfect gift or baking the perfect cookie. However, I realize that the most important part of these seasons is spending time with those I love and creating memories and traditions.

So here is Dandee to the rescue. She has a wonderful idea for simplifying the holidays and the gift giving process. She follows the Want, Need, Wear, Read when buying gifts for her children (she's expecting #5). She buys something they want, something they need, something they wear and something they can read. Isn't that a great idea? I have a feeling that this system is going to save me a lot of time in the years to come.

No comments: