Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The sickness begins

World's Largest Themometer via flickr


Caden woke up yesterday morning with his left eye swollen shut. It was one of the saddest and cutest things ever. Weird, I know. But the moment Casey brought him to me, Caden was reaching out for me and all I could keep saying was "Oh, your eye." I don't even think it was phasing him. Even with a slight temperature (100.5), he was laughing and smiling most of the time. Who is cuter than Caden when sick? No one, I repeat, no one. We were pretty sure that he had pink eye as everyone at his daycare has pink eye. However, the doctor says that he has a double ear infection. Seriously? You think he would be a cranky mess.

So this makes me think a couple of things...
1. I have one of the best sickly children in the world
2. Am I going to have to pay for all this greatness when he's 13?

1 comment:

Kristine said...

Awww... poor guy! Ear infections are strange. I never know when my kids have then either cause they never complain! I hope his eye gets better soon!