Sunday, January 06, 2013

Happiness Now

Shortly before the New Year, my husband and I watched this Ted Talk given by Shawn Achor.  Achor talks about how we've established a lens for our brain and how we view the world and our successes.  Often, he says, we are looking for the next best thing.  (i.e. If I can just get that job or promotion, I'll be happy.  Once I have that house, I'll be happy, etc.)  He suggests we can rewire our brain with positivity and be happy and more productive in our life by doing these things:


  1. 3 Gratitude every day (each gratitude must be unique for 21 days)

  2. Journaling

  3. Exercise

  4. Meditation

  5. Random Acts of Kindness

I don't know about you, but after the holidays, I seem to get a rush of the winter blues so I'm giving this a try.  I'm sharing my gratitudes on Instagram (username debaverett) if you'd like to join in.  I'm on day 9 and I have to say, it's been a lot of fun, and I find myself smiling more each day and looking for the positive in all situations. Hope you're all having a great New Year!! xo

1 comment:

Hilary Fuller said...

And it's fun to see your positives Team Averett! Keep 'em coming!