Monday, July 18, 2011

Today it Begins

Remember this post last week?  It included this cute picture of me and my sisters.

And those cute, cute socks.

There's just one problem.

It's a terrible picture of me and boy do I look round!



So today it begins.  I have to be more dedicated to healthy living.  And by I, I mean we... our whole house is going to be eating better. I would love to cut down on meat, and for now, my guideline is going to be to have meat for dinner only, and a smaller portion.

(So no more 20 oz. steaks for dinner)

Just kidding.

We usually have 40 oz. steaks.

Where do you think we came up with the name Porter?

Instead of having a larger meat portion, we'll supplement with veggies.  I've been looking into CSAs locally and it looks like I missed the boat.  I don't know how it works anywhere else, but around here, they sell a season pass.  Once they're gone, they're gone.  So it looks like I'll be going to the grocery store and local markets more.  Which got me thinking.  Why don't we do like the big city people do?  Walk to the grocery store and just buy what we can carry home?  Wouldn't that be such a great weight loss plan?  My supermarket is about a mile away so I would get in a great walk, and get some great produce.

For those of you who are curious about my 5am workouts.  I'm still doing them and going strong!

|Image of Cucumber Coconut Salad taken by Love Food Eat|

No comments: