We've been in Minnesota a mere two hours, and it seems lovely. I now know why everyone that has lived here has told us that we'll need two things upon moving: a snowblower and a snowmobile. There is SO much snow here. And it's making house hunting a challenge. It's hard to really see what the exterior of a house looks like when the entire yard is covered in snow, and makes things look a little drab.
Good thing we have a little time to enjoy the hunt. I've made a list of things our next house would have, most of which our current home is a deficient in. I know it's not likely we'll get all these items, but I want to jot them down so I can easily remind myself of what they were before my emotions get the best of me. Here's what's on the IDEAL list:
- white trim
- decent backyard (.3 acre or larger would be so nice!)
- nearby walking paths/parks
- close to a gym with childcare (baby #2 has killed my body image)
- close to church (within 15 minutes)
- close to amenities (store within 5 minutes)
- spare guest room
- decent sized laundry room
Wish us luck as we spend the extended weekend looking around. And if you have any places in the Eden Prairie area to check out, let us know as we're down to see as much as we can between now and then!