Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Radvent- 12/1 - Remembering

One of my friends, Megan aka Princess Lasertron is giving writing prompts for the entire month of December and encouraging people to participate if they want to. Today's writing prompt is all about remembering. We were asked the following questions:

What were you doing five years ago today? As the holiday season began? Where were you? Who were you with? What did you want? What did you have?


Five years ago it was December 1, 2005. I'm not entirely sure what I was doing on this exact day, but I do know that things have changed a lot in the last five years. We were living in a small apartment in central Lincoln preparing for Casey to graduate college later that month. He had already secured a job with American Family, and I was working in commercial real estate. We were starting to look for houses and were excited to move on from apartment living. We were sick of our loud neighbors that seemed to play the same tracks over and over at very odd hours- 2 in the afternoon, 3 in the morning, 9 in the morning. It was very strange.


We were runners and loved living near several bike trails and being able to hop on any trail and run quite a distance. It was later this month I decided to run the half marathon in May. Oh, how I miss all the running and being able to clear my mind.

It was just the two of us. No children, no dog, not even a pet fish. We lived the simple life as we had very little living off of pretty much one meager income. Many grown up decisions were made during this time so life seemed hard, but in all actuality life was so simple. I remember wanting a dog, a house, and a family. I wasn't sure how to make it all actually happen. But look where we are today. We have all that we wanted and so much more. We are truly blessed and I can't believe all the amazing things that have happened in the past five years.

No comments: