Friday, August 13, 2010

Aloft: Hotel

We've been traveling a lot this summer and one of our best friends while traveling is Priceline.  We've stayed at a lot of 4 star hotels for more than half the price.  And what can I say?  Comfy beds make me really, really happy.

And so do clean pools.

While we were in Denver this past weekend, our bid placed us at Aloft (a Starwood hotel).  The minute I walked in, I knew I was in heaven.  Any hotel that has games like Yahtzee and Hungry, Hungry Hippos in their lobby is a friend of mine.


And if that's not enough, try your hand at a game of pool.



Or sit outside and enjoy the lovely Colorado summer nights by their fireplace.



I had a craving (as I usually do these days) for ice cream and I was so happy to see their snack bar complete with mini Ben & Jerry ice cream treats.  Oh, do they know how to make a pregnant woman happy!


So after I was turned town by staff to sleep in the lobby, I headed up to our room.  And it sure didn't let me down.


So what was the first thing I did?


I took a picture of my belly in the mirror.


'Cause that's what we pregnant women do.



It's been 7 months straight of belly shots, I tell ya.  Which makes me happy.  Happy jolly goodness.


Oh, you want to see the whole bathroom?


Before I show you.  Just note that they had magazines for us in our room (you can see them behind my head).  Dwell and Wired.  Thankyouverymuch, Aloft for speaking my language.


So here is the bathroom.  I love the simplicity.  And that sink.



And I was a little suprised by the shower.


So suprised that I wanted to take it home with me.  Yummy goodness.


There was a frosted glass wall on the left side that I couldn't photograph well, but let me just tell you that my husband and I had a lot of fun with that.


You can see the other side of the frosted glass in this picture of the bed (off to the left).



And don't you just love that blue alarm clock?  It was one of my favorite pieces.

Have you stayed at some great hotels this summer?  Do tell.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  xoxo



I wasn't compensated in any shape or form for this post.  For reals.  What can I say?  I love priceline and Aloft.  And I thought you should know that.

No comments: