Monday, May 24, 2010

Before & After: Window Treatments

Hello Monday!  The weekend seemed to fly by.  My husband and I celebrated our ninth anniversary this weekend.  Talk about the time flying by... it seems like I just met him yesterday.  I hope you had a great weekend too.

I thought I'd kick off this Monday by showing you a simple before and after.  Sometimes the smallest changes can make a big difference.

Here is the before picture of window treatments the size of the window.  They are okay, but don't provide any contrast or really do much for the space.


I switched out the curtains for a floor length patterned curtain and it already made it look a little better.


It still isn't quite the best it can be, though.  I extended the curtain rod to make the window treatments reach further than the window.  This makes the window look larger and thus makes the space look larger.


And just to clarify, that's a dog bed on the floor.  Our son actually sleeps in a toddler bed. :)  My son loves having our dog sleep with him in his room.  The other night he even came out in the wee hours because our dog had decided to sleep elsewhere for the night. 

I hope you've enjoyed this simple transformation.  Have you tried something similar?



If you have a transformation that you'd like to share with us, send it over to admin@freshnestdesign.com

2 comments:

Jill said...

I love the drapes, what fabric did you use? Its such a cute design!

deb said...

I actually purchased them at Target last year. I can't find them online anywhere, but they were part of the Dwell Studio line.