Monday, August 17, 2009

Back to School- Creative Calendars

Can you believe summer is coming to a close?  This week, we are focusing on Back to School around here.  Since we are all going crazy with getting our children organized, making sure we have everything off their classroom supply list, I thought it would be fun to feature some of the best things to get us organized and looking pretty for this school year.


The first thing I wanted to talk about is a calendar.  In our home, my husband and I share a google calendar and it works okay (we aren't always the best at syncing everything to make sure it's up to date).  We also have a large whiteboard calendar in our office that I love.  I love being able to write things down and have them visually laid out for me.  Here are some prettier options for calendaring:


Creative pretty calendars


1.  This calendar comes for Pinch Design (via ohdeedoh) and it's wonderful if you are the type that likes to take week by week.  It's also a chalkboard so if things are shifting and changing around your house all the time, it's easy to change.


2.  I love the shades of color on this calendar seen on Martha Stewart.  It is also made of chalkboard paint and is great at taking one month at time.  Step by step instructions here.


3.  This is Design Mom's calendar and I love it!  I love that the colors change with every month and I love how she involves the children in creating with each new month. 


I'm curious, what type of calendar do you use at your home?


deb_sig



2 comments:

Melanie said...

I am glad you posted about calendars, because we don't have one! My husband was complaining about it yesterday, so thanks for the ideas. :) I think I might try using an old picture frame and drawing a calendar on the back of the glass with a sharpie, seen via the nannygoat blog [http://littlenannygoat.blogspot.com/2009/08/dry-erase-calendar.html]

Ana said...

I love Google Calendar! You can assign each person in the home a different color and you can print it by day, week, month, etc. It's very user-friendly, too. Try it, you won't be disappointed!