Thursday, July 02, 2009

Good for the Soul



{Introspection by Strange Facination}


Do you ever have heavy moments in your life when all you seem to do is be introspective? I find myself being inside my head a lot of days lately. It is not depression. It is not feeling sorry for myself. It just is.

Well, no, it's really more than that. It's more about making sure I am who I need to be in this life and making the most of it. Some days I feel like I am and most days I feel really, really selfish. I feel like I take a lot more than I give. I am trying everyday to be the best I can be and hopefully the people close to me know I am trying.

My role as a wife and mother can be very busy. Busy is an interesting word to describe it, I know. I am so busy, busy with all my crazy ventures {trust me, I feel more than crazy sometimes!}, that alot of my time at home involves multi-tasking. Caden and I do read books, and play, but this week we've been tending to the landscaping, and working as we bond. Every once and awhile, I make sure to take a picture of a moment in time for I hope I'm not letting time slip me by. I can't tell you how much I enjoy letting Caden take hold of the hose and letting loose on the nozzle and getting himself {and me} all wet in the process. I cherish nothing more than his smile and giggles.

You may, or may not have noticed that I am posting less here on Mumbo Jumbo. Here's the deal. I am keeping Mumbo Jumbo around amidst the crazy, but am not forcing myself to post on here. It will be when I feel like it. It will be when I have something worthwhile to say. You deserve that, and frankly, I do to, and so does Casey, and Caden. Afterall, this site was started as more of a journal of sorts- so my family could read it and know what I felt as I journeyed through life. I don't know where Mumbo Jumbo will go, or what it will end up as, but I'm glad you're along for the ride.

{for further introspective reading, go here}

1 comment:

Cambria said...

You are very wise. I love this and I love all that you do for my brother and nephew!